I went to Ethan's baseball game tonight. I was grumpy because I had to go alone, Clint was working late - Shocker! It was so cold and then it started to snow. (Hello? It is April 30th and I don't live in Canada anymore. Seriously!) I bought all the boys on the team Hot Chocolate, but they were still cold, I was cold and we lost. Bummer. Then I had to come home and pay a babysitter for the fun I had.
Then I did what I am addicted to. I read some blogs. We really have it all. Some people have huge trials and I need to reflect on how lucky we really are. We have three wonderful kids, a house, a good job and a lot of love in our home. Yes, we are constantly working to make it better, but we are doing fabulous. We have a lot of bumps in our road, and sometimes it seems we are alone, but we aren't, we have each other and the ability to pray.
I am going to post what I learned tonight from a blog of another families:
"One more thought that I would like to share with you. In the Book of Mormon, Chapter 34 of Alma that talks about the purpose to this life. This is for us to gain a body and prepare to meet God. At the end of the chapter Amulek gives us all some wonderful advice and perspective when it comes to trials and difficulties. Verse 41 reads " But that ye have patience, and bear with those afflictions, with a firm hope that ye shall one day rest from all your afflictions." I know that we will look back on life grateful for the lessons learned and we will rest from these trials and afflictions. I want you to know that we have faith in the Plan of our Heavenly Father and we are so grateful for that knowledge and faith."
It is just what I needed right now. This is a family who lost their little girl a month ago to a rare cancer. We have it all and I need to remember that always. Thanks for letting me ramble.
5 comments:
Thanks for the thoughtful post, Heather. It's amazing how much we can learn and be blessed simply by others sharing their experiences with us. =)
Oh see how you are? I'm not your friend. Oh well, I still love you! That scripture was just what I needed. It's true that we are truley blessed.
You are an amazing woman! And always doing for your family!! Thanks for those thoughts, I needed to hear (read) that also.
Heather, your post helped me alot. I needed some perspective the other day to and I appreciate what you said. You are so awesome.
I love you Heather!! Once again, you have inspired me! Thanks for sharing your gratitude and that wonderful scripture.
Post a Comment