It is about time I updated my blog. I just reread my last blog, not full of the "Christmas Spirit". I am in Canada with Ethan and Lauren visiting my family at my parents house. He kids are having a blast. They love their cousins, and the snow. They have been outside at least 4 times a day making snow angels, sledding, making caves in the snow drifts and lots of snowball fights. We are drying the clothes constantly.
The drive here was the worst in Heather McKinlay's history. I honestly have driven the I-15 to Canada from Utah about 200 times in my life. This was brutal. We (I brought my sister Carol and her two boys too) didn't go faster than 25-30 mph until we got to Idaho. Th Monida pass was closed for over 2 hours and it was white out conditions once we got to Canada. But the good news is that is is about 10 hours to get here and it only took us 17 hours.
Merry Christmas to everyone out there. We had so much fun, my kids are getting to such a fun age. They were spoiled appropriately for Christmas. Davis came and spent some of Christmas day with us and it was the BEST! We love it when we get to spend time at home with him. He sang/yelled lots of Christmas songs with us and I was used as a jungle gym often as he climbed all over me. He loves the dog, and tried to ride her a few times too.
6 comments:
DOG?! What dog?! Glad you are safe and that you had a great Christmas.
Okay, I'm lame. Sorry I haven't called. I have a good reason. Promise. Just don't want to type the reason as a comment. My Christmas cards are late but will come, eventually, as a New Years card. Glad you got to go home for a visit. Wow, I've never heard of the drive being that terrible and I've driven it as much as you have! Brutal. Glad you are safe! Think of you often. Loves!
Glad you were able to drive safely in that awful snow! And I'm glad you were able to have a good vacation.
Sounds like Christmas was a blast! I'll bet your kids LOVE having a dog! Pets do wonders for children (and us.) We have 2 cats, and I love them (even if one of them rips up my curtains and pokes holes in furniture.)
Happy New Year!
Hey don't sweat the small stuff...like Christmas cards! I sent out a Happy New year card via email after Christmas, which meant if I don't have your email there was no hope of a Happy New Year greeting from us?! Since I am so un-techy the fanciest thing I did on it was to use a cute font...then I realized that the cute font would only show up if the reciever had CK Chick on their computer...duh!? So, like I said, don't sweat the small stuff! Please be careful coming home! Love ya!
I'm glad Canada was so much fun! And sorry about the crappy experience getting there. I do not like snow. No stress about the Christmas cards like others have said. This was my first year doing them and it was such a pain. I'm still up for taking pictures though, whenever you want :) We could take them now, or spring, or both- whatever. Love you! Travel home safely!
Hey Lady! I think about you a lot. I am so glad that you got to "get away" a little. Even if it was to a snowy, cold place. Nothing is better than spending Christmas with lots of cousins. Hope your drive home goes a little better!
Post a Comment