Today I was at work and my friend posted something about sewing and her mom on facebook. I saw it for about 2 seconds and memories of my mom teaching me to sew and be the D0mestic Diva that I am hit me hard. Without realizing it I was sitting at my desk with tears streaming down my face. I didn't realize I was crying until a tear hit the papers on my desk.
Oh, how I miss my Mom. She was amazing. She was ALWAYS there. Mom always had the right thing to say and always understood exactly how I was feeling, and just listened.
Lately I have felt very lonely without my Mom... I mean seriously, who else really wants to hear my every thought and feeling? Being a single Mom is the hardest thing I have ever done, I apologize to anyone out there who is single if I ever didn't empathize enough with you. I will be better in the future, I promise.
I am not posting this for sympathy from anyone, I am posting this so we can all appreciate our mothers, their love and support. I have appreciated so many people so much more in the past while, and I love them all so much. When the storms of life hit us and the constantly do, I hope you have the support you need.
"You never know how strong you are...
Until strong is the only choice you have"
8 comments:
Now I am the one with tears falling down my cheeks. Since I was the one that made the post I will just tell you that I will share my mom with you anytime! Not the same I know. I love you so much, I wish more than anything I could take this cup from you Heather, I am sorry that today is hard.
I love you Heather. I'm so so sorry. I'm sure your mom wishes she were here with you as well. You are wonderful & I am so impressed by you & all you do.
love, emily
I love that post! I can't imagaine life without my mom (especially the last couple years)... thank heaven for good mommies! Love you!
Heather you are amazing. I really marvel at your strength and endurance. I too have found that being a single mom is really hard. I really want to talk to you sometime, I will give you a call.
I love that quote. It is true! You are strong.
You cutie! How can you not miss your mom so much it hurts? Even thinking about losing mine one day, it hurts already. Man we are lucky to have moms like that!
I miss you. Hugs and loves!
xoxoxoxo
i don't think you ever stop missing your mom...and for all they have done for us, they deserve to be missed!
Yes, those waves do hit, and without warning. A sure sign of your deep connection and love. I like to think that when we think of our loved ones on the other side
they FEEL it and are close, and that is often! Love you Heather.
Post a Comment