I don't post enough, but some traditions need to continue. 36, things I have learned this year, grateful for, whatever. I was sitting in church today thinking about being thirty-six. Yikes. I thought of my mom, I think of her a lot. My mom was 36 when she had me and growing up I always thought she was so old when she had me, and here I was 36 and if I could, I would definitely have another child this year too. 36 isn't old at all, it is great, lots of life to live and it is a great life I have.
36....
1. I love my kids, they are hilarious, the older they get they are so fun.
2. Drink of the year... Diet Dr. Pepper Bold I think it is. Grey can, 10 calories. Yum.
3. I am brave, I moved to Colorado, and I love it.
4. Laughing is better than crying, and crying ALWAYS gives you a headache.
5. The temple is an amazing place of peace and love and learning.
6. My newest baby... my iPhone. HOW DID I LIVE BEFORE?
7. I am back in school getting my Masters, and I can still write a paper, take a test and learn. Weird.
8. I love to sleep.
9. Best job... motherhood, might be better with my Mom around. I hope I can do it as well as she does.
10. I love Sundays when I get to be in Primary.
11. If you are what you eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy.
12. Quote of the year: Faith makes things possible, not easy.
13. 14-year-old boys are pure entertainment. Just have a lot of bacon in the house.
14. 8-year-old girls are a joy. Just have a lot of nail polish in the house.
15. 12-year-old autistic boys, well they melt your heart. Just have a lot of M&Ms in your pocket and sing a lot.
16. I love me a GPS. I don't have to think.
17. Moving isn't fun. Ever.
18. I love new boots.
19. I love new perfume.
20. I love new earrings.
21. A good book is the best antidote to any problem. It is a perfect escape. I still buy all my books and add to my collection. I have to hold the book too. No Kindle for me.
22. Modern Family.
23. Music, play it often, play it loud. My kids hate that I sing all the time, whenever they say something I have a song to go along with it. Good thing I have a good voice. Bah ha ha.
24. Online Dating is interesting and entertaining. Who are we kidding, dating at 35 or 36 is just plain interesting.
25. You can't buy happiness but you can buy chocolate, and that's kind of the same thing. Add peanut butter and it is magical.
26. I tried contacts again, can't do it.
27. I love people that can make me laugh, even when I don't want to smile.
28. Wash your hands, and say your prayers. Because Jesus and germs are everywhere.
29. I love a good friend that will go to Target with me and wander and spend a bunch of money on stuff we don't really need.
30. I have the best friends in the world. I know and I love them all.
31. Life is a journey.
32. Mormon Graffiti: Gotta love it. My house still has vinyl and quotes everywhere.
33. Facebook. I don't call it stalking people, just a compliment that I want to know everything about you.
34. You never know how strong you are until strong is the only choice you have.
35. Love is an amazing, powerful thing.
36. I make lists, too many. Always have, always will.
8 comments:
I have always thought you were amazing. You still are
I love you Heather! You are an amazingly strong, talented, full of life, spiritual woman!!! Your family picture is so beautiful! I can't wait to read your list for year 37!
love you lady. remember you are on top of the world ;)
Happy Happy Birthday Heather! You are amazing and strong. Dance in that rain. :)
I love this post. I think we might be sisters. You would be the stronger braver sister though, and I the sort of cower-in-the-corner-and-wait-till-it's-over sister. I hope you don't mind me reading even though you don't know me. I served with Clint in the mission field. You and I met briefly once when you and Clint were engaged. Pattie Schocker was a friend of mine that I introduced to Mike Wright. It's great to see you doing so well. ~Shannon (Quinn) Jensen
love these and I love you!
I love this post! AND I love you Heather!
I love this post! AND I love you Heather!
Post a Comment