Friday, July 18, 2008

"Let's Build a Temple"





There is a CD of songs by Jan Bradley we listen to in our car all the time.  It has the songs like, "I'm a Mormon", and "When I Grow Up I Want to be a Mother".  If you remember them, you are smiling now.  One of the songs is, "Let's Build a Temple".  We are so blessed to have the Oquirrh Temple being built less than a mile from our house.  I like to drive by and show the kids and play this song.  Last week they placed the steeple and the Angel Moroni on the top.
We quickly whisked the kids up and watched this historic event.  It was hot and a little long, but well worth the memories.  My kids were so close to the Angel Moroni.  I am not sure how it worked, but we were right up next to the Temple with employees and their families.  Davis kept singing this song and it made me smile.  
I am glad for this experience and I don't think my children will ever forget it and the best part is we got to share it with my sister and her children.

No comments: