Sunday, September 21, 2008

3-for-3

Again... Today was our Primary Presentation.  I (Mom) tried to get our children there on time and left Clint to bring Davis.  All through the program I was wondering and worrying about the whereabouts of Davis and Clint.  Finally at the end, I spotted Clint outside the chapel, then the Primary President came and got me.

I went to the foyer and there was Clint, but no Davis.  Davis got on a scooter and took off and couldn't be caught.  So again, the police were called and panic ensued.

The bishop from another ward in our stake came into our building and found us.  Davis had shown up at another chapel in our stake, walked in and went right to the front and participated in their Primary Program.  (I'm pretty sure that was a nice way of saying, Davis yelled inthe microphone and ran around the podium area)  Luckily the bishop and his wife recognized Davis, because they have a son with autism also.

So Davis was brought back to our chapel and into my arms.  Safe.  For now.  I am getting many a gray hair on my head this week.  So yes, I am 3-for-3.

16 comments:

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

You have got to be kidding!? The police are just going to make your house on their regular beat?! So glad it ended well...really quite sweet that Davis did get to a Primary program, so what if it was the wrong ward...we're all in the same church!?

Marcie said...

Okay, how scare and funny! I was crackin' up while I was reading about all of your 'exciting experiences' this week. You poor thing! You must be frazzled and a little concerned that the police might put you on their 'list'! As mothers we can all laugh together because non of us are perfect & we've all had these things happen to us right?! Our children keep us grounded all the time don't they?!

Liz Morrey Romrell said...

My dad is the bishop in the ward that Davis visited. He said that Davis did a great job! He just repeated what the last kid had said. Heavenly Father must have really wanted to emphasize that one line in the program and he needed Davis to do it! I'm sorry that you had to go through that today. If we had only known why the pair of you looked so worried during sacrament meeting...

Unknown said...

Wow! I hope this week is super calm. I love having blogs to read but the drama...You need a break.

ty and megs said...

well, at least now it has happened 3 times you know you are done. why is it things really do happen in threes?

Janna said...

Tender mercies...

Marilee said...

Heather, You poor thing! I'm glad Davis was found. At least he knows where to go when he takes off, CHURCH!! :-) Just remember, everything is a phase. Some a little scarier than others, some that last longer than others. Davis is just in the "Run Away" phase! Love ya loads! PS-go to my blog and leave me a comment with your email address. I'm going private and want to send you an invite!

Liz, Nate, Sydney, Holly said...

Oh, Heather, so sad. My heart is so sad for you guys, the panic, the stress...We love you! XOXOXO

Andrea said...

For the love of all that is holy, at least he went to a CHURCH!
Hang in there (the day will come, it might even be today, that you'll be laughing at all this mayem.)
LOL

Kirkland's said...

Heather, Chris told me he saw you last night and so here's me connecting with you. I would be freaking out if I didn't know where my child was too! We should get together sometime.

Jared & Larisa said...

Whoa, what a crazy week for you!! Had lunch with Clint last week ... wish you could've been here with us. Talk soon :)

Becky CTR said...

Heather

It's Becky Sherwood. I have been trying to find your email. I got one from your parents and it came back wrong.

Let me know your address. I am excited that I found you. I found you through Louise's blog.

write me soon.
Talk to you later.

CTR

Becky CTR said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

Heather!!!

Every time I walk out my front door and see my "Just BE" sign I think of you!! How are you? I'm glad you commented on my blog! Now I can see yours and your darling family! I'm glad Davis was found...I love that he went to church and it didn't matter where to him...he just fit right in! How old is he?

I would love to chat sometime about my pump!! I just got the newest one from Minimed....love it. My glucometer transmits my bloodsugar level right to it...it will eventually have a sensor that is able to tell if my sugars are heading up or down! Anyway....we can chat! Give me your email through a comment on my blog and we can exchange info and get together! I have comment moderation so I'll delete it after so you email isn't just out there for the whole world to see! Talk to you soon!

Did you know about the STEP OUT event that's tomorrow? Hope to see you there!

CassiLou said...

Heather, the police are awesome, aren't they? Hey! Atleast they are looking for your younger son. I don't think Mom ever had the cops out looking for me as a teen, but she probably should have. I love you tons. I don't know where your strength and tenacity comes from, but you are AMAZING!!! We need to play sometime soon. Alooooooha! Cass

Suzanne said...

You never seem to have a dull moment :) With every challenge there are blessings to be found. Reading your blog, I have no doubt you're an awesome mom!!!